Thursday, September 19, 2013

                 Where I’m From

I am from the times of making a meaning of a hard days play,
From teddy the bear to Ashley the Tiger,
I am from “Clean Your Room”
    And sitting on the roof
   I am from Lesly the Fern
              Whose leaves kept me knowing her beauty,
I am from catching butterflies and snakes
From Aivles and Ruiz
I am from talking and laughing,
 And from volley ball playing,
From bringing food to reunions,
                  I am from those singing days in church,
I am from great grandmas grandma and great grandpas grandpa,
From steamy hot tamales and fluffy cotton candy,
From cooking in the war for soldiers,
And from taking care of injured ones,
  That memory of spike the shark that was wrestled with,

I am from those moments when every step and breathe should mean something great.

                                        Love, Arriel Ruiz

No comments:

Post a Comment